Home - Connect - Ministries - Children & Family Ministries - Children (Birth-6th grade) - News - May is Sunday School Teacher Recruitment Month!
May is Sunday School Teacher Recruitment Month!
Once upon a time, someone asked me to teach Sunday School. I wanted to say, “No”. Instead, I followed the voice of God, who whispered, “You can do this!”
I got over my fear of caring for other people’s children.
I got over my fear of not knowing enough.
I got over my fear of committing my time to one more thing.
As a result...
· I get to create a welcoming, safe, friendly place for the children of our church.
· I get to make crafts and put on plays.
· I get to hear children explain God.
· I get to see quiet, shy children turn into outgoing, engaging little people.
· I get to share God’s love with the youngest among us.
· I get to hear laughter, share hugs, and make new friends.
· I get to help build relationships and a community of faith.
· I learn that everyone can bloom.
You, too, can help the children of Federated to bloom. We are looking for volunteers for our new Summer Sunday School Program (June-August 2017), and our 2017-2018 School Year Program (September-May). We will work with you and your schedule, any amount of time you can give is appreciated. To learn more about how you can join the Children’s Ministries team, contact Kiersti (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Emily (email@example.com).