Home - Mission & Outreach - A UCC 5 for 5 Church
The United Church of Christ has a goal for all of its Congregations to be 5 for 5, giving to all five of the UCC’s special offerings throughout the year.
In support of our denomination the Board of Mission & Outreach has made a commitment that Federated Church will strive to meet this goal.
Here is some information on the UCC’s special mission offerings:
- Our Church's Wider Mission, basic support to The Western Reserve Association of the UCC and the National Office. Our contribution for 2013 was $75,000 from our annual Budget.
- One Great Hour of Sharing, giving help, hope and life. Supporting partners in more than 70 countries with ministries that fund development projects, feed the victims of famine, provide services for displaced people, and respond to natural disasters. This offering is collected in March.
- Strengthen the Church, faithfully building the Body of Christ. Supporting church growth and leadership development in the conferences and through the national office of Local Church Ministries. This offering is collected in May.
- Neighbors in Need expresses the United Church of Christ's commitment to ministries of justice and compassion in the United States and Puerto Rico. This offering is collected in October.
- Christmas Fund helps provide pension and health premium supplementation to low-income retired church workers, and emergency assistance to clergy families in need. (This is separate from Federated’s special Christmas Eve offering.) Federated collects this offering in July.