Home - Mission & Outreach - To Greater Cleveland - Family Promise (formerly IHN)
Family Promise (formerly Interfaith Hospitality Network)
In May 2011, New Life Community and Interfaith Hospitality Network of Greater Cleveland (IHN) came together to form Family Promise of Greater Cleveland, the largest organization in Greater Cleveland focused exclusively on helping homeless families transform their lives and achieve long-term stability while helping families remain together.
Federated Church is part of the network of faith communities who support Family Promise by providing housing at our Family Life Center for homeless families several weeks of each year.
Federated's next Hosting Dates are :
April 7-14 (one week)
Many volunteers are needed to make our guests comfortable. You can signup online to bring meals, to serve as a host or to donate supplies. By signing up online you will get automatic email reminders.
To donate meals or host
To donate supplies
Here is a general list of what we need anytime we host a group of Family Promise guests.
We need ‘stuff’:
- Food items from the ‘shopping list’ for breakfasts and bagged lunches
- Grocery and K-Mart/Wal-Mart gift cards
- Items to help make the evenings more fun (to borrow or keep): kids’ scooters, bikes, roller blades, helmets. Labeled donations may be left at the Family Life Center
We need time:
- Volunteers to help prepare evening meals- sign up for main dish, starch, veggie, or dessert on the day that works best for you (THIS IS A GREAT OUTREACH FOR YOUR SERVICE GROUP OR OTHER GROUP!!!)
- Volunteers to share two hours with our guests enjoying a meal, playing games, socializing, just ‘being’
- Volunteers to spend overnight hours, 9pm – 7:30am, at the Family Life Center during our host week, cots provided- a wonderful family mission
- Volunteers for a couple hours to help prepare the rooms for our guests’ arrival Sunday and clean-up after their departure
We need YOU!
Questions? Contact Sally Fogarty at 440-488-1079 or firstname.lastname@example.org